Ask a question or give feedback...

Makerbot 2X down again

We have had a Makerbot 2X now for several months and in this period we have had virtually no period when it has run as we expected. It is an incredibly unreliable and poorly put together machine and today we have decided to scrap it and look for an alternative.

Your support people are helpfull enough but the machine itself is crap. We realise 3D printing is early days but really the frustration of daily having to fix another thing or kid the machine into some decent performance just shows us the poor design and build quality for this unit.

As a manufacturer of CNC machines we were hopeful that this Makerbot really would be useful to begin to teach our Engineering team about additive machines but really they have all had enough and no longer wish to use it, so in fact the purchase of this unit has really turned our people off this technology, which was not our intention.

After listening to the negative comments from my Engineering Team I have been using this unit myself for the past few weeks and must say I can really understand their frustration.

We now wish to return this machine and several rolls of unused filament. Please advise where to ship it to.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bruce Rowley, Managing Director, CNC Design shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • n8 commented  · 

Blame the victim? I got one from Makerbot here in the USA, and it can't stay extruding for an entire print. If i want to finish a print I have to watch the spool to make sure it's turning, if not, pause and pull and force the filament through again. Check the Amazon reviews. This is a makerbot issue, not user error. I have a strong suspicion that it is due to retractions in the print settings (that cannot be changed by the user)

• DaveDelay commented  · 

That's too bad. I've had a 2X for a year now and only had minimal trouble that's usually tied to operator error.

Feedback and Knowledge Base